In the Know: Organically Twisted rolls into restaurant in Naples area
Chef John Hart’s personal vision has come to life as he begins the second chapter of his Organically Twisted food business.
After taking his culinary creations and positive energy to the people via his food truck since December 2013, the people can now come to him at his new brick-and-mortar eatery. Hart launched the Organically Twisted restaurant on May 2 in Marquesa Plaza, the retail center on the southeast corner of Livingston and Pine Ridge roads.
“I’m so grateful, so blessed and so lucky,” Hart said. “Business is going good. Just working crazy hard right now.”
Based on a growing fan base for his mobile business during the last two years at area farmers markets, Hart has put down roots to showcase his culinary masterpieces. Organically Twisted has flipped on a bright spot in the nearly 1,700-square-foot former space of Moravela’s Pizza next door to Martin Fierro steakhouse.
“In order to keep up with demand and reach more people, I decided it was a natural progression to expand Organically Twisted to a larger and permanent space,” Hart said.
Combining more than 20 years of food experience with a passion for organic farming, Hart creates incredible, edible art with organic produce, seafood, spices, nuts, chocolate and other ingredients. Most of his entrées are “rolled or bowled,” served in a wrap or a bowl.
But just like a restaurant on wheels, specifics for Organically Twisted are difficult to pin down. The menu and hours are going to be changing.
“We are changing all the time, depending on what products we have,” Hart said.
No matter what Hart is serving, you can bet that his creations will be refreshing feasts for both the eyes and taste buds, and nutritionally healthy, as well. Organically Twisted offers fresh, organic specialty foods for grab-and-go meals to either take home or enjoy in the bright new eatery.
On a super soft opening April 20, OT’s menu featured at least 10 different items. Although you may not find these particular menu items or prices offered if you go today, this gives you an idea of what to expect.
Starters and specials included:
- Guammus plate, $6, a blend of guacamole and hummus served with assorted fresh vegetables.
- Truck Salad, $7, fresh greens with assorted vegetables.
- Maria salad, $10, tortilla español on a bed of greens with roasted bell peppers, tomato and onion topped with a sweet tea purée and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Zucchini and beet balls, $9, fresh raw zucchini noodles placed on top of mixed greens, topped with beet balls with chopped fresh tomato and herbs, finished with a nut cheese.
- Kelp noodle bowl, $9, cucumber, carrot and kelp noodles tossed in a sesame-sweet chili-ginger sauce, topped with shredded purple cabbage, watermelon radish and sprouts.
- The OT Pincher Cake Salad, $12, crispy crabcake placed on a bed of greens topped with uncured bacon, avocado, tomato, caramelized onion chutney, finished with roasted lemon-garlic aioli.
Organically Twisted sweets included:
- Mama’s pumpkin bread, $3.
- Gluten-free chocolate cupcake with vanilla bean buttercream, $4.
- Lemon blueberry bread, $3.
- Raw chocolate cup with honey-chia-cashew butter, $3.
To provide a better idea of what Organically Twisted has to offer, the food truck’s menu is available online at organicallytwisted.com/menu.
By the way, the opening of the restaurant doesn’t mean the food truck will be put on blocks. The truck will still be “rolling and bowling” for lunch at area farmers markets and other local events, especially on the weekends. For instance, the truck will continue to feed fans Fridays at the Collier County Government Center in East Naples.
“As for the truck when it’s out, they can view on the website,organicallytwisted.com under locations, which we’ll be changing everything,” Hart said. “As time goes forward, things will be changing.”
The hours of operation for the first phase of the Organically Twisted restaurant at 13040 Livingston Road are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays.
“We have four days right now,” Hart said. “We’ll get that solved and we’ll have more things coming as time goes on.”
- Chain gang? Texas Roadhouse, Chipotle, Starbucks, Pei Wei, Pollo Tropical and more restaurants coming to Restaurant Row Naples at 951 and 41
For the latest in local restaurants coming and going, see Tim Aten’s “In the Know” columns archived at naplesnews.com/intheknow, and on Facebook atfacebook.com/timaten.intheknow.